No shade intended, but if I read one more blog post lamenting the end of summer, I will cry. Or scream. Or unsubscribe. You never know. My reaction depends on the moment.
It’s August 8, and that means there’s a lot of summer left to live, my friends – 45 days to be precise. So until that Autumnal Equinox hits, here are a few activities to keep you busy:
- Embrace that bikini body and escape to the Rockaways via subway, Jones Beach via LIRR, or Asbury Park via NJ Transit for the day.
- Drink outdoors at Grand Banks (your preppiest finery encouraged), Pier A Harbor House or the Brooklyn Barge.
- Eat ice cream at my favorites Morgenstern’s (brace ya self for that line), Ice & Vice and/or Chinatown Ice Cream Factory
- Scroll through Insta photos tagged to the Museum of Ice Cream – tickets are sold out, but if you’re very, very nice to me, I could be persuaded to bring you as my +1 later this month.
- Eat everything, and I mean absolutely everything, at the Queens Night Market.
- Spend the day in Coney Island – eat a hot dog at Nathan’s, walk the boardwalk, ride the iconic Cyclone or Wonder Wheel and grab some cotton candy for your train ride home from Williams Candy.
- Take a road trip to Opus 40.
- Take in a game at Yankee Stadium.
- And if you’ve had enough sun, soak up some air conditioning and take in the Diane Arbus exhibition at Met Breuer.